Conlethians: Here and There!10 May 2018
Regular readers might surmise that we have no editorial process at all, but St. Conleth’s is such a busy place that we actually do have to sift daily through a pile of news and events, trying to determine what is ‘fit to print’.
For example, look what happened in and around 28 Clyde Road, just in a couple of days, last week:
- Mark Hainbach, School Captain of the Class of 1973 and current administrator with the Ballsbridge College of Further Education, visited to give Fifth Year students a careers talk and to chat with his old rugby coach, Mr. Keenan.
- Mr. Bolger’s Geography Second Years (and Trevor’s drone!) helped Ordnance Survey Ireland with mapping Herbert Park
- A motley soup of Fifth Years goggled through the window at After-School Study
- Juniors photo-bombed Gav’s SCT photoshoot
- The girls torched the boys in tag-rugby!
- The Friday Champions League entered its crucial stages
- Latin Second Years pick their flores like Proserpina and
- found some interesting graffiti and
- joined with Ms. Leary’s First Class for an impromptu picnic.
- Sixth Years practise their graduation song.
- Classics kids had a civilised discussion about Hellenistic sculpture. Busy, busy, busy!
- And this just in off the wire: We previously reported that Ciara MacNally had finished a hard-luck second (by 1 pt) in the Leinster Girls Golf Competition, but due to a correction in the handicap calculation, she has now been declared the winner!