Latest Admissions News and Deadlines
Junior Infants 2018 : Waiting List only
First Year: 2018 and 2019 – Enrolment Completed. Waiting List Only.
Transition Year: 2018 applications now being accepted for a small number of girls.
Fifth Year: 2018 applications now being accepted for a small number of girls.
All other classes:
Admissions for all other classes will only be considered if or when vacancies occur in the appropriate classes.
On receipt of an application, should a vacancy occur, you will be contacted in April/May 2018 when class sizes are finalised. Your application fee will only be processed should a vacancy arise.
St. Conleth’s College Admissions Policy
An Application Form and Prospectus may be obtained from the School’s Administration Office and/or the School’s website. Application forms must be completed and returned with a non-refundable registration fee to the school. All applicants will receive an acknowledgement.
Parents/guardians of pupils applying to enter the secondary school will be asked to confirm continued interest in a place approximately two years prior to entry. This declaration of interest is not a guarantee of entry.
Pupils deemed to meet the enrolment criteria for the available places in the school are given an appointment to meet the Headmaster and visit the school. This is an occasion for the prospective pupil and parents/guardians to see the school. Pupils are asked to bring along a recent report from their previous school. The previous school may be contacted.
Following this a place can be secured on completion of the Entrance Form and payment of a deposit within two weeks of a place being offered. The deposit is non-refundable but will be credited against the first term’s fees.
- Junior Infants Primary
- First Year Secondary
- Fifth Year Secondary
Admission at other age levels occur only when vacancies arise in the appropriate classes. A waiting list is maintained for interested candidates. When a vacancy occurs candidates are notified. No pupil is admitted at this stage without a satisfactory reference from the Principal of his/her current school.
- The Department of Education and Science Rules state that secondary school students must be aged 12 on 1st January in the calendar year following the student’s entry into First Year.
- Primary school students must be 4 on 1st September in the year of entry into Junior Infants.
- Acceptance for admission is on the understanding that all pupils will accept and support the Catholic spirit and ethos of St. Conleth’s and will abide by the school’s Code of Behaviour.
- Acceptance for admission is also on the understanding that the curriculum offered is suitable for the student in the judgement of the Management of St. Conleth’s and if necessary in consultation with the primary or pre-school involved.
- Places are allocated in order of receipt of applications.
- When the number of applicants exceeds the number of places available the following list, in order of merit, details the criteria for entry to St. Conleth’s:
- Pupils in St. Conleth’s Junior School (whose educational, behavioural and social needs can be met in the senior school) have priority for entry to the Secondary School.
- Brothers/sisters of existing students or past students (enrolled before places have been allocated)
- Sons/daughters, and close relatives of Past Pupils (enrolled before places have been allocated)
- Sons/daughters of staff working in St. Conleth’s (enrolled before places have been allocated)
- Girls may given priority in our effort to reach more of a gender balance amidst the student population
- Attendance at a recognised local national school and established feeder school: Harold School- Glasthule
The ethos of the St Conleth’s encourages all pupils to reach their potential and to participate in all school subjects and activities. Pupils with Special Needs are welcome in St. Conleth’s. The school promotes an inclusive ethos whereby the needs of the majority of the pupils within a mainstream class can be met by differentiating teaching approaches for that class. Where applicants with Special Needs are eligible to attend St. Conleth’s, the School Management will request an up-to-date copy of the applicant’s medical/psychological report. While fully supportive of parents’ rights to have the school of their choice for their children, the school’s ability to accept pupils with particular needs is dependent on the resources necessary.
Right to Refuse
The school management reserves the right to refuse entry in certain circumstances. (Section 29 Education Act 1998 and circular M48/01)