St Conleth’s MY PET versus YOUR’S Competition
Dear St Conleth’s pupils, do you own a cat or a dog? Or do you simply love pets?
If yes, then I am delighted to let you know about our all-school My Pet v Your’s competition!
If you are interested, click on the link below, watch the video and then continue reading for more details about sign in and the rules of the game.
How to sign in your pet for this competition:
To sign in your pet, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your name
- your pet’s name
- a picture of your pet
I will e-mail you every week, for 3 weeks, with one fun task for your pet to complete!
- You have until Friday the 19th of February at 12 noon to register your pet for the competition
- The competition starts on Monday the 22nd of February and ends on Friday the 12th of March.
- The winning cat and dog will be announced on Tuesday the 16th of March
Rules for the owners
- In this competition, your dog or cat will compete against other pupils’ pets. All of my pets- Toby, Luna and Blackey-will join and teachers’ pets can play to. Cats will compete against cats and dogs against dogs. At the end of the competition, we will have 2 winners: a cat and a dog.
- The list of all competing pets will appear on our website on Monday the 22nd of February and kids with no pets will have until Wed 24th of February at 12 noon to choose their favourite pet and let me know via e-mail.
- Only pupils with no pet competing can choose their favourite pet from the list of competitors. If you sign in your pet, you automatically choose him/her as your favourite pet.
- Pupils cannot choose Toby, Luna or Blackey as their favourite pets as they cannot win the competition!
- Pupils can only choose 1 favourite pet (either a cat or a dog, not both)
Rules for competing pets
- There will be 1 challenge per week (1 for the dogs and 1 for the cats) uploaded on our website on Tuesdays at 12 noon with a video of Toby, Luna and Blackey performing the same task as an example, with the rules of the task explained by me.
- Owners will have to submit a video with their dog/cat performing the weekly task by Friday of the same week at 12 noon. This way the kids will have time to train their pet to win that particular task.
- Each dog/cat winning a task will gain 1 point.
- No cheating: you cannot edit your videos in any way, and you will have to strictly adhere to the rules. Owners are responsible to make sure their pets don’t cheat either 😂😂😂
- Toby, Luna and Blakey cannot be the winners!
- At the end of the three weeks the dog and cat with most points will be the winners. If there are more than 1 dog/cat with the most points, we will have a final challenge for those dogs/cats to determine a winner.
- The lucky victor will receive a lovely St.Patrick’s’s Day prize for its owner and of course a treat for himself/herself.
We would like to apologize for not including other pets in this challenge, such as pythons, guinea pigs, tarantulas, iguanas, piranhas and the likes! We do not mean to discriminate against them based on their species, however the management did not feel they knew these pets well enough to design specific pet-appropriate tasks for them. Sorry for any disappointment this may cause.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL PETS AND OWNERS!
WOFF, WOFF, MEOW, MEOW!
(Italian subtitles: Bau, Bau, Miao, Miao!❤️)
After-School Programme Co-ordinator
St Conleth’s College