“Small enough to care, large enough to challenge.”
St. Conleth’s College is a private Catholic school founded in 1939 by Bernard Sheppard which has for over seventy-five years continued and expanded upon its founder’s vision: to encourage the educational development of the child and fulfil the pastoral role inspired by the school’s patron: St. Conleth, a Sixth Century saint and ‘moulder of precious metals.’ From Junior Infants to the Leaving Certificate, pupils at St. Conleth’s benefit from a rare melding of tradition and innovation which enables them to remain well-grounded yet adaptive to a changing world.
St. Conleth’s provides a happy, healthy and safe environment in which students may develop their own personal gifts and interests to the best of their ability. Excellence, perseverance and mutual respect are encouraged in a spirit of discipline and co-operation in academic, sporting and extra-curricular endeavour.
Since its foundation, the school has been imbued with the robust Christian values of its founding family and its patron, St. Conleth, a 6th Century saint and ‘moulder of metals’. From the very outset in Junior Infants, students in St. Conleth’s today benefit from a rare melding of tradition and innovation, which enables them to remain well grounded yet adaptive to our ever-changing world.
The key benefits of enrolling your son or daughter in St. Conleth’s:
- small class sizes
- a long-established reputation for moulding well-rounded, confident and competent pupils
- a safe, secure place where routine and order co-exist with the imagination and creativity
- an environment where academic excellence is holistically promoted and achieved, and each pupil is encouraged and enabled to reach their own academic potential
- the nurturing of athletic, debating, musical and artistic skills and their further development in friendly competition
- a school community which emphasises education as a tripartite dynamic: pupil, teacher and parent
- an ethos which is centred on respect for one-self and others, and encourages an active engagement with the wider, local community
In 2014, Director Ann Sheppard and then Headmaster Kevin Kelleher celebrated 75 years of St. Conleth’s. The Sheppard-Kelleher family has exemplified the ‘fide et fortitudine’ or ‘faith and courage’ of our motto, having led the development of the school since its foundation in 1939.