Click here for the new 2017-2018 Transition Year Programme Booklet, in which Mr. Trenier, our TY Co-ordinator, lays out all you need to know about the exciting classes, trips and projects which make up Transition Year at St. Conleths.
Click here for our Transition Year Promotional Flyer!
Transition Year at St. Conleth’s is part of our Senior Cycle and is a mandatory growing space and time for our girls and boys en route to being young adults. Our TY Programme encompasses all areas of personal development, from the charitable through the athletic to the cultural, as well as continuing the academic and intellectual growth of our students, as they sample all the available Leaving Certificate subjects and make well-guided choices in accordance with our strengths-based educational philosophy.
At St. Conleth’s we do not believe that the mind should sleep during Transition Year! A dedicated TY Co-ordinator organises a team of teachers and adjunct professionals who lead the students through a demanding but exhilarating curriculum of subject-specific project work, real-life and work experiences and the individually tailored Gaisce programme. A TY day may also include a bit of Mandarin Chinese and cooking in the morning, sailing and photography in the afternoon, and practice for the year-end musical at day’s end. No two students are alike and this is especially true when it comes to determining courses and activities for Transition Year. Our TY Programme has the correct blend of variety and depth, which enables every student to fulfil their potential in this important year of transition.
Transition Year’s Latest News Links
Some of our Transition Year adventures:
- Expedition to India (optional)
- SciFest and Young Scientist Competition
- PSAT, Eirquest and COA aptitude and career guidance testing and one-to-one consultation
- Community Work to benefit groups such as GOAL, Simon, SVP etc…
- ‘Mindfulness’, mental and personal health seminars
- Overnight trip to Carlingford Adventure Centre.
- Sailing in Dun Laoghaire (INSS)
- Drama Classes
- Law seminar
- Certified First Aid Course
- Early Morning Latin (optional)
- Christmas Fair and Carols
- AIB Build-a-Bank programme.
- Storytelling with students of St. Bridget’s National School
- Photography Course
- Self-Defence Course
- Gaisce Award Programme
- TY Musical and Graduation night
- ‘Know your Dublin’ educational outings