“Small enough to care, large enough to challenge.”
St. Conleth’s College is a private Catholic school founded in 1939 by Bernard Sheppard which has for over seventy-five years continued and expanded upon its founder’s vision: to encourage the educational development of the child and fulfil the pastoral role inspired by the school’s patron: St. Conleth, a Sixth Century saint and ‘moulder of precious metals.’ From Junior Infants to the Leaving Certificate, pupils at St. Conleth’s benefit from a rare melding of tradition and innovation which enables them to remain well-grounded yet adaptive to a changing world.
St. Conleth’s provides a happy, healthy and safe environment in which students may develop their own personal gifts and interests to the best of their ability. Excellence, perseverance and mutual respect are encouraged in a spirit of discipline and co-operation in academic, sporting and extra-curricular endeavour.
Since its foundation, the school has been imbued with the robust Christian values of its founding family and its patron, St. Conleth, a 6th Century saint and ‘moulder of metals’. From the very outset in Junior Infants, students in St. Conleth’s today benefit from a rare melding of tradition and innovation, which enables them to remain well grounded yet adaptive to our ever-changing world.
The key benefits of enrolling your son or daughter in St. Conleth’s:
- small class sizes
- a long-established reputation for moulding well-rounded, confident and competent pupils
- a safe, secure place where routine and order co-exist with the imagination and creativity
- an environment where academic excellence is holistically promoted and achieved, and each pupil is encouraged and enabled to reach their own academic potential
- the nurturing of athletic, debating, musical and artistic skills and their further development in friendly competition
- a school community which emphasises education as a tripartite dynamic: pupil, teacher and parent
- an ethos which is centred on respect for one-self and others, and encourages an active engagement with the wider, local community
Director Ann Sheppard and Headmaster Kevin Kelleher celebrate 75 years of St. Conleth’s. The Sheppard-Kelleher family has exemplified the ‘fide et fortitudine’ or ‘faith and courage’ of our motto, having led the development of the school since its foundation in 1939.